|This 12-hour series will educate the expecting mother and their partner about the process of labor and birth and the choices available to them. The class covers all aspects of the childbearing period for the woman and her partner.
Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy
Labor and delivery
Breathing patterns for use during labor
Effective pushing methods for delivery
Discussion of medical center procedures
BRING TO CLASS:
- Two standard pillows
- Yoga Mat or Large Towel
- Watch with seconds hand to practice timing contractions.
- No Restrictive Clothing
Class should be taken in the 7th month of pregnancy. Special circumstances such as multiple births or pre-term labor may require earlier registration.
Cost is per couple.
Providence employees - call 1.888.432.5464 for fee scale.
Del Webb Center for Health Education
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance
4101 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90503
The center is located at the corner of Earl Street and Maricopa Streets.
Class Cancellation, Rescheduling and Refund Policy:
- Payment will be refunded in full when given a minimum 7 day notice
- A $10.00 service fee applies for cancellations with less than a 7 day notification
- There are no refunds for cancellations with less than a 48 hour notification
- Payment is not transferable to another date with less than a 24 hour notification or if the class is not attended