|There has been a transformation in genetic information over the past few years. Join us for this free lecture to learn more about genetic testing and become empowered to change your potential for high-risk diseases of adulthood including cancer, cardiovascular disease and dementia.
- Understand the difference between over-the counter tests such as 23andMe and clinical genetic testing, as well as the purposes of each.
- Construct and analyze your medical family tree
- Interpret the genetic basis for common chronic diseases of adulthood.
- Identify features of various cancers that predict a high-risk for hereditary disease
- Appreciate the extraordinary advances in availability and access to genetic testing for disease and what can be done for those at risk.
Ora Karp, MD, MS, Regional Medical Director Providence Center for Clinical Genetics and Genomics
Kimberly Childers, MS, LCGC, Genetic Counselor; Regional Manager Providence Center for Clinical Genetics and Genomics
Providence Little Company of Mary Torrance
Del Webb Center for Health Education
4101 Torrance Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90503
Free valet parking. Complimentary refreshments will be served