|Our team of clinical experts will help you understand the risks associated with heart disease and what can be done to reduce them.
*If you are interested our Basic Healthy Heart Screening, please call 1.888.HEALING (432.5464) to request an appointment*
ADVANCED SCREENING INCLUDES:
- 12-lead electrocardiogram
- Blood pressure and heart rate
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Metabolic Syndrome Calculation
- Framingham Score Calculation
- Comprehensive cholesterol screening (includes: triglycerides, glucose, HDL, LDL, TC and blood sugar)
- Echocardiogram (heart scan) - A non-invasive test often called an echo, uses high-frequency sound waves (ultrasound) to create images of the heart's valves and chambers. This test helps your doctor check the pumping function of your heart - how your heart is beating - and detect problems in the heart muscle or valves.
- Stroke/Carotid Artery Screening - A non-invasive test to look for plaques that can cause a stroke. The carotid artery is in your neck and is one of the main arteries that supplies blood to your brain. Stroke is the third leading cause of death in this country. More than half of all strokes in older Americans are due to carotid artery disease and there are proven treatments to reduce strokes in those cases.
- Abdominal Aortic Screening - A non-invasive test to look for an aneurysm. The abdominal aorta is the large artery that carries blood to the lower half of your body. An aneurysm is a weakened area of your aorta that has ballooned out and could potentially rupture. This is the tenth leading cause of death in men over 50
in this country, but most people don't know they have an aneurysm. An aneurysm can
be successfully treated when it is diagnosed early, but rupture is fatal in most cases.
- Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening - Ankle- Brachial Index (ABI): a test to look for peripheral arterial disease (PAD). This is a measurement of blood flow at the ankle level to check for any blockages that may have developed in the arteries of your legs. PAD affects the health of millions of older Americans, at least a quarter
of those over 70. People with PAD have a much higher risk of stroke and heart attack, but these risks can be reduced if PAD is diagnosed early.
Participant will receive a follow up call from a health educator to review screening results.
***ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL BE REQUESTED TO FAST A MINIMUM OF 6 HOURS, PREFEREABLY 12 HOURS***
The entire series of tests takes approximately two hours. The results, combined with information from the patient's medical history and lifestyle questionnaire, are used to evaluate one's risk for heart disease.
All fees are cash based. Insurance generally does not cover the cost of screenings such as these.
Since cardiovascular disease can actually be prevented or lessened by reducing an individual's risk factors, these tests are truly invaluable for your future health and well-being.
SATURDAY SCREENINGS WILL BE HELD AT LOCATION 1
Providence Little Company of Mary Heart & Vascular Center
4101 Torrance Boulevard | Torrance, CA 90503
Enter through the Outpatient Diagnostic Center
TUESDAY SCREENINGS WILL BE HELD AT LOCATION 2
Providence Women's Imaging Center
20929 Hawthorne Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90503
If you have any questions about the screenings, please contact our Health Resource Center at 1.888.HEALING(432.5464).
IF USING A GIFT CERTIFICATE, REGISTRATION MUST BE DONE OVER THE PHONE AT THE NUMBER ABOVE