|Producing breast milk is natural, yet the art of latching the baby onto the breast is learned.
This class will cover everything you need to know about getting started and overcoming common problems during breastfeeding. The class is taught by a Certified Lactation Educator who will provide clear and accurate breastfeeding information for the soon-to-be new mother (partners are also encouraged to attend).
We answer all your questions, including the all-important one: How do I know my baby is getting enough?
Parents will learn:
- How milk is produced
- Advantages of human milk over supplementation
- How to get started breastfeeding after delivery
- Common problems & solutions
- Tips for partner feedings
- Maternal diet considerations
- Various positions for breastfeeding your baby
Positions will be demonstrated and practiced.
Class should be taken 3-6 weeks prior to due date.
Providence employees - call 1.888.432.5464 for fee scale.
Del Webb Center for Health Education
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance
4101 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90503
The center is located at the corner of Earl Street and Maricopa Street.
Class Cancellation, Rescheduling and Refund Policy:
- Payment will be refunded in full when given a minimum 7 day notice
- A $10.00 service fee applies for cancellations with less than a 7 day notification
- There are no refunds for cancellations with less than a 48 hour notification
- Payment is not transferable to another date with less than a 24 hour notification or if the class is not attended